Sunday, October 02, 2005

Sunday Long Run

Sunday Long Run - 70mins, 14k's @ 4:56 mins/km

Hit the Kedron Brook path with Langy at 7:30am this morning. Ideally, I'd be running around two hours for my Sunday Long Run at this stage of my preparation for Noosa, but the week off put paid to that. I'm working my way back gradually increasing it by 15 mins/3km's a week. Yes, its a little more than the golden rule of "do not increase weekly or long run mileage by more than 10% from week to week " but, surely this rule is negligible after just a week off? Anyway, in nice, warm conditions, Langy and I got through the run comfortably and Langy is looking in great shape for a fast half in Melbourne next Sunday!! My right shin protested just a little at various stages of the run, but pulled up pretty well.

An an aside, can you believe that we got our first rain in some months on Friday arvo, just as I had finished applying mortar to the rocks lining the garden beds in my front yard. Some of the mortar ended up going all runny and I'm going to have to reapply it in some areas next week. Here's one person who isn't all that happy at the timing of this little break in the drought!!

Go the Cowboys tonight!!!

No comments: