Sunday, October 23, 2005

Bribie Island Triathlon 750/20/5 - Race 1

Team Northies kicked off the new season with a probable 2nd placing in the first Bribie Tri of the season. RooBoy unfortunately had a Barry Crocker. After sitting nicely in 4th half way through his swim leg, his goggles fogged up and he hit the wall when the flus of the last few months took their toll. Cyclist Matt overcame his own recent flus to put in a blistering 31:40 cycle for the 20 and send me out for my run in no better than 4th position, but well behind the leader. Again mindful of my shins, I ran a controlled 18:25 for the 5k's along the Bribie foreshore passing three other team runners along the way. We didn't stay for the presentation but think we finished 2nd and will find out the results in the Courier Mail in the morning. Fortunately, the shins have pulled up fine so far and I was quite pleased with my effort. Part of me wishes that I could have been just a minute behind the leader and ran him down in glorious fashion, but the shins would have likely paid the price. I'm confident however that Northies will take out the series by winning at least two of the next three races.

Full update here on Monday night.

No comments: