Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Pat Carroll Running Group 3K Time Trial

Pat Carroll Running Group 3K TT

With just a week of running under my belt after the shin probs, I judged the risk of injury from a fast TT to be too high for my liking. Instead, I had to be content with joining Langy in running 3:55 k's as he put the finishing touches on his Melbourne Half Marathon preparation. To ensure that I had a good workout, Langy and I immediately continued running back up Riverside Drive after crossing the finish line and proceeded to help tow some of the later finishers home. Some great PB's out there from the likes of Allyson, Kate and Tara who's run will certainly have Tesso, Clairie, Jan and Tori looking over there shoulders!! Then whilst everyone else sucked in the big ones after thier hard efforts, Langy and I didn't take time to get our breaths and instead ran briskly back to the Ship Inn covering about 2k's at 4:15 mins/km pace. So in summary, my morning added up to about 5.5k's at a brisk pace with virtually no recovery. I was pretty happy with how the shins felt during the session and they only started make themselves felt when we were enjoying our recovery nibbles of nuts, frogs, snakes, watermelon and pineapple, washed down with PB and Up and Go. Gees, recovery nibbles after Pat's sessions are becoming a real smorgasboard!!

Life's good!!!

No comments: