Thursday, October 20, 2005

Another discomfort free run

Speedwork - 50 mins, 10 k's @ about 4:40-4:50 mins/km

Enjoyed a team bonding session without the booze with my Northies team mates RooBoy and Matt last night along with their partners Tanya and Jay. MJ was a no show, having to go to Melbourne at short notice. We took our time enjoying the appetisers before tucking into a main of flame grilled chicken prepared by Jay followed by Mars Bar cheesecake - I kid you not. I am now half way through my annual alcohol free month and it was tough to watch the others relax with a few beers! Only 13 days and 21 hours remain until I hop off the wagon at the Gabba for the first test match agaisnt the Windies!!

With the Brisbane Running Group 3K Challenge scheduled for tomorrow night, Pat primed his charges by just having a 50 min easy run down to New Farm Park. This included a stopover in the Botanic Gardens on the way back for some strides on the grass, which I skipped. The shins felt ok throughout the run and I just concentrated on a good stride and enjoyed the shower that we ran through. Once I get past the 3K Challenge on Friday Night and race 1 of the Bribie Tri 5k run leg on Sunday, I have only three triathlon leg to race in the next four months so will be concentrating on staying injury free and building up mileage. I will decide the intensity of my effort for the above races when I come to them but I certainly won't be going any faster than 3:40-3:50 k's on Friday and Sunday.

Now, onto domestic matters, I got my rates bill last night and for the first time, the council compared my water consumption with that of the local area average instead of my previous quarters consumption. I was shocked to find that despite only two people residing at SportsCentre right now, we had twice the quarterly consumption of the local area average. Now that additional consumption is far too much to be due to the extra water we use to top up the pool levels, so its time to fix that toilet leak which I previously assumed was only a minor one. I refuse to get a plumber in to fix it - we men after all are supposed to be capable of doing this ourselves. Right? Now, I've never done this before so I googled the relevant keywords and found a step by step process of Scott Cam fixing a leaking toilet on the Burke's Backyard website. That'll be the first thing I tackle after lunch - wish me luck!

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Mars Bar cake.... where do you get that :)