Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Another day on the road to recovery...and an idea

2 mins, 30 sec JR, 1 min, 30 sec JR, 2 mins, SR, repeat, SR, 4 mins

I enjoyed a solid session at speedwork building on the momentum of Sunday’s relatively discomfort free Long Run. The intervals were done at around 4:00 min/km pace and I barely slowed down for the jogging recoveries. Pat today added a whiteboard to the rear of the A-Frame that advertises our group to passer-by’s at the Ship Inn. The purpose of the whiteboard is to make our goals public and to enable everyone to support their team mates in accomplishing those goals. Whilst most people have entered goals such as the Gold Coast Marathon next year, I entered “Beat Shin Splints”, and really, that’s my main focus.

As an aside, I have the next four days off work and among other things, will be using the time to research the possibility of starting up…….don’t laugh…… a child care business with a mate. Why not, the demand is still out there and many prospective child care operators are too daunted by the red tape and insurance costs to go ahead with it. Feel free to offer some suggestions on this concept. And, rest assured that were this business to go ahead, I will be far away from the hands on action at the coalface each day!!!

1 comment:

Tesso said...

Ha ha, ever seen the movie 'Daddy Day Care'? Yeah, me neither (she says embarrassingly).

Matty, sounds like you're on to something with the way you are doing speedwork. I think that's what I'll do to ease back into it when I'm given the go-ahead.