Sunday, October 16, 2005

Running in the rain!

Sunday Long Run, 70 mins - 14k's @ 4:52 mins/km

After a great night cheering on the Bullets come from behind win over the Crocs, I headed out to the Criterium at 7:30am to meet up with Langy for a shorter than normal Sunday Long Run in light of my shin pain the last fortnight and Langy's recovery from his 83:30 Melbourne Half PB. We ran the entire 70 mins in steady rain that was just short of pouring rain. I love running in the rain, not only for the refeshing nature of the activity but because I know I'm getting an edge on some of my competitors who will chicken out of a run in these conditions! Even better, I experienced very little shin discomfort for the duration of the run. Interestingly enough, Bruno said after my rub on Friday that my hip alignment was "perfect - best its ever been". For all I know, this could have been a contributing factor.

1 comment:

Tesso said...

Good to hear you boys were out there enjoying our lovely spring weather too :-)