Thursday, October 13, 2005

Another jog at speedwork

4 mins, 30 sec JR, 2 min, 30 sec SR, repeat, 4 mins, hill

The shins are not quite recovered from the bashing they received late last week so I just cruised through today's session at perhaps 4:30-4:40's. The shins pulled up ok.

Perhaps of more interest today was running injury - type # 793. As per Tuesday, I drove into speedwork with a heated medi gel pack taped to my left shin with electrical tape. Only problem was that I heated the pack for two minutes on high in the microwave intead of two minutes on medium. I didn't realise the error until after I had taped the gel pack on at a set of traffic lights and only started to feel the burning hot pain after traffic was moving again. I contemplated reaching down to rip the gel pack of my shin, but reasoned with myself "Aaaarghh, leave it - a little bit of pain will toughen you up and never really hurt anyone." So the first couple of minutes of my drive saw me shaking my leg leg in between depressing the clutch until the pain subsided. I thought nothing more of it until after the session ended and I noticed nasty red burn marks on my left shin!!! So before breakfast, a trip to the medicine cabinet for aloe vera was required!

2 comments:

Tesso said...

LOL Matty. Can't wait to hear what injury type #794 is gonna be.

Clairie said...

You are hilarious!!

Thanks for hiding my sunny's in the bushes Matt. I considered going back for them when I got to the gardens but my legs wouldn't let me do anymore running.

Take it easy this weekend :)
Would hate to see you get up to Injury #900 before next Tuesday.