Sunday, October 09, 2005

Noosa campaign hits a pothole

Sunday Long Run 45 mins, 9kms @ 5:05 mins/km

Well, its official. My Noosa campaign has struck a pothole. A slowish run on Friday at much slower than my normal low 4:50 pace for these long and recovery runs was followed by an identically slowish run today. Both runs I had to endure worse than the usual shin discomfort with today's effort being torpedoed by the aforementioned shin discomfort half way through. When I got back to the car for a water stop half way through the planned 80 minute run, I was favouring a leg when standing to drink and called it quits on the spot. Running another forty minutes was not going to help me achieve my Noosa target so it was not worth the risk. To say I was filthy would be an understatement.

I've spent the day at work thinking hard about changes to my short term training strategy and all will be revealed tomorrow.

No comments: