Sunday, September 04, 2005

Sunday Long Run

Sunday Long Run - 75mins, 15k's @ 5:05 mins/km

After a rare night shift in the office that culminated in a 2am departure, I grabbed seven hours sleep and headed out to the Kedron Brook path for my first Sunday long run in three weeks. Beginning in warm conditions at 11am, my legs felt good but after 1500m it was obvious that my lungs were still getting over the flu as I was gasping for air somewhat. I therefore concentrated on keeping my HR down for the duration of this run, hence the slower than normal 5:05 min/km pace. I'm in the recovery week of my four week program block, hence the 75 min effort instead of the usual 100 min effort.

At least the run has put paid to any lofty ambitions of a heroic 3KTT pb against the odds! I will spend this week gradually building my speed up with the aim of being fully fit and rest to run fast at speedwork on 13/9. Hopefully, my patience and caution will be rewarded down the track.

No comments: