Sunday, September 18, 2005

Great Saturday, Shocking Sunday

Had a fabulous day yesterday, celebrating my Grandmother's 90th Birthday at Oxley's on the River for lunch, where I enjoyed a pork cutlet. All the interstate rellies invaded Brisbane and were in attendance at Oxleys along with my family. An interesting footnote to the day came when I put my hand up to pay the $1100 bill with my credit card whilst everyone else rustled up the cash to pay me. When I paid the bill, the Manager slapped a sticker on my credit card that entitles me to 25% off all my bills at Oxleys, presumably for the life of the credit card. I guess there are some advantages to putting your hand up to settle the bill, after all.

The rest of the weekend was not so good - in fact it was downright ugly. The tale of woe can be broken up into three parts:

1. Attended the River Run on Sunday morning with MJ to cheer on team mates and interview the winners for my Run For Your Life race report. It was great to see Langy, Clairie, Jan and Scotty B all put in huge runs for PB's whilst Slash and Phil also put in nice efforts. I was filthy though, becuase an opportunity for another 5k PB had gone begging. As the morning went on my and the time on my feet increased, my shins began to throb and it became apparent that were not going to stand up to a Sunday Long Run, so I had no choice but to miss my second run in a row. I was talking to my fellow member of the Shin Splints Club, Jodie and commenting that its moments like these when you feel the only option is to surgically remove the damned things!
2. The Bullets lost....twice
3. The Broncos lost

The shins did not improve as the day wore on and Matty is a cranky boy, right now.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

awwwh, Matty, dont get them surgically removed quite just yet, things have a way of making themselves right, & I am sure you are doing all the correct things to assist your recovery