Monday, September 26, 2005

Comeback #7 continues

Sunday Long Run - 50 mins, 10k's @ 4:58 mins/km

My shins pulled up ok from my 30 minute cruise on Friday so I bumped it up to 50 minutes for my Sunday Long Run. That should really be a Sunday Short Run, by my standards. Anyway, I hit the Kedron Brook path at about 10am in nice warm conditions and was only slightly dehydrated from consuming an unknown quantity of XXXX at my AFL Grand Final Party yesterday. After an uneasy first k which went by in a very slow 5:18, the rest of the run was solid with minimal discomfort in the shins. I pulled up well as the day went on and the comeback is going to plan so far. I will continue to conservatively increase mileage and intensity over the next week.

Moving on, we had a great AFL Grand Final Party. Every one of the ten blokes in attendance chipped in $5 towards a group bet and we spent the afternoon trying to ride home our $20 on the Eagles to win by 1-19, paying $4.20. Sadly, the Eagles fell just short of collecting for us, but we did nab Chris Judd's Norm Smith Medal win and used the proceeds to call out for pizza whilst we watch the Tigers-Saints game. Now, my beloved Broncos may have exited the premiership race last week, but gees, there was some consolation over the weekend in watching both Saint and Parra exit the race, going down as short priced favs. They were two of the most enjoyable sporting chokes I've had the pleasure of watching!

No comments: