Thursday, September 15, 2005

Fartlek under Story Bridge

13:30 mins of fartlek - 1 min hard, 1 min jog, 30 secs hard, 30 secs jog, 15 secs hard, 15 secs jog - repeat 4 times.

With the River Run scheduled for Sunday and a good number of the squad participating in it, it was a shorter and sharper session this morning. It wasn't too sharp for me though as my right ankle and lower shin region were a little inflamed. Strangely enough, I only felt discomfort(not pain) when I had stopped running, but nevertheless, I ran a cautious session at about 90-95% effort. That still entailed running at a pretty good pace and I had a fair blow when the session ended. I think I'm completely over the flu now, but my breathing whilst running may be still a little short of peak performance.

After such a small turnout on Tuesday, the squad doubled in size today and many of the regulars were back with a vengeance including the amazing Jo, having her last session before heading to Berlin for their Marathon and hopefully a "Sub 3". I too, intend to travel overseas for big Marathon events but not for a few years yet. Off the top of my head, my most desirable overseas Marathon events to contest are in order - Boston, Chicago, New York, Berlin, Rotterdam, Fukuoka, Beppu(Japan), Lake Biwa(Japan) and Paris. I will need to qualify for some of the aforementioned, but that won't be a problem.

No comments: