Saturday, April 01, 2006

Delayed recovery run

Recovery Run 7k's @ 5:15 mins/km

After a great night out last night at the Ship Inn for the launch of the PCRG Countdown to Gold Coast 2006, it was back to work and the coal face this morning. With the office being painted, I managed to get through the day without a headache from the paint fumes but other staff were not so lucky. Then I dashed off to Fitness First at 5pm and rolled through a trouble free seven k's going easy on the pace after delaying my Friday recovery run till today because of the mildest flu like symptons yesterday. I was also taking it easy because it was only a little over 24 hours since my first rub from Bruno in three weeks after he arrived back from the Commonwealth Games with plenty of stories to tell! I was the last one to finish utilising the FF facilities at 6pm and then dashed down to have a quick shower only to have the lights go out on me in the locker room. After finding the way out of the locker room with my mobile phone flashlight, I returned to work still in my running gear. With a few hours work in the office still remaining and no shower facilities, I had no option but to retire to the gents for a European Backpackers Sponge Bath :)

The shins have pulled up well so far - its all good!!


Km's this week - 20
Km's this month - 7
Km's this year - 230

1 comment:

Tesso said...

Soooo, any good stories to tell us from Bruno???