Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Pat Carroll Running Group 3K TT

9k's, 3k's @ 12:50, 3k WU & WD

The monthly 3K TT was always going to be an interesting experience this morning as I wore my Skins socks for the first time at a Group session. There were the expected jokes and Pat didn't miss me when he told the Group before the start of the TT that "Matt will be doing 12:50 pace - he's the one with the stockings!" Still, it won't be long before fellow shin splint sufferer Jodie is similarly adorned so we'll be the trendsetters. Another big turnout at West End battled the log jam created by workers parking near the Millenium Arts Complex. Hang in there, team - my Lend Lease contact tells me most of the work will be completed by July.

Despite hardly running faster than 5:00 min pace so far this year, I had no problems with my pacing, knocking out pretty even splits throughout. Whilst some struggle with pacing, I think my prolific watch gazing over two years of running has made me a pretty good judge of pace. Its not rocket science - it just takes time(pardon the pun) and effort.

The shins went well this morning and my fitness was sufficient enough to handle the pace without discomfort whilst talking all the way (but of course!) Great to see my good mate Langy well and truly back in form with a 10:11 - That's what I like to see!!!! Hopefully, I'll be giving the A-Team something to think about by the time Spring rolls around....

Km's this week - 9
Km's this month - 28
Km's this year - 251

2 comments:

Tesso said...

Great work today Matty, there were some smiling faces in your pack as you crossed the line.

Can't wait to have you back in action properly, the A Team needs stirring up.

Chelle said...

Hey Matty... one of the old gang is back. Yaay... hope to see you, with or without those stocking very soon :)