Friday, March 31, 2006

Thursday - A change of plan

Recovery Run - 6k's @ 5-5:15 mins/km

I felt slightly fluey Wednesday night and walked into Fitness First and immediately felt a little chilled by the aircon. Resolving not to do anything stupid, considering my most recent shin problems coincided with a virus, I kept a close eye on the HR. I was 6-8 bpm higher than normal through the first 4k's so eased of the gas and ended the session at 5:15 pace for the last 2k's cutting the session to 6k's from the planned 8k's. When my HR after a final 2 min walking recovery was 8bpm higher than Tuesday, I knew I had made the right call. The Skins socks felt great though!! I believe that Intraining has only just started stocking them and I was the first purchaser or one of the first. Wonder how long it will be before I see others wearing them? I'll be telling them all about how good they are!!

Despite the reduction to my run, I felt fine the rest of the day and spent about five hours cutting down three trees in my backyard - a great workout that ended with my backyard a sea of cut branches that would fill about five industrial skips! My neighbour behind my back fence, Mick had asked if I would mind cutting them down as most of the leaves were falling on his place and the branches were drooping everywhere. As I had intended to get rid of them at some stage, I agreed. Mick shared the workload with me, will pay for half of the green waste disposal and half of the replacement shrubs I will plant - too bad not all neighbours are as amicable and understanding!!


Km's this week - 13
Km's this month - 110
Km's this year - 223

1 comment:

Tesso said...

I've gotta see these socks!!! We need to team them with one of your headbands and some of Iliketoasts chilli tights.