Thursday, April 20, 2006

Midweek update

Tuesday - 15 min fartlek at about 4:15-4:45 mins/km, 3k WU/WD

A busy couple of days putting the finishing touches on three race reports for Run For Your Life mag. r4yl.com.au The Intraining Easter Egg Run had to be done by Wednesday, just a few days after the race and a few hours after the results were released - but no worries! Its done!

A great session with Pat and the Group in the Gardens on Tuesday morning. Ran very easy and controlled - just wanted to take off the shackles and pick up the pace but that'll come soon enough.

On the downside, i've picked up another bloody head cold, so have put back today's run till tomorrow. Yes, Tess - I'm mopping the floors right away. Am not too concerned about this head cold eating into my mileage, which I don't expect to, but gees, it would be nice to go a few months without a sniffle. I get my annual company flu jab on Monday arvo so hopefully that'll be of assistance.

On the positive side, the legs feel great at the moment with little or no discomfort during running, walking or recovery. The only thing that really bothers me at the moment is when I firmly press my thumb firmly to my shins and there is reasonable discomfort and speaking to Jodie last night, she has the same problem. I suspect it is something that I might have to live with, but what the hell? I'm a runner. Not some idiot who presses his thumbs onto his shins!

Km's this week - 9
Km's this month - 87
Km's this year - 310

2 comments:

Tesso said...

That's the thing with being injured, you go looking for trouble. Every time I think about my knee it hurts. But if I concentrate on an ankle or something its like "what knee?".

Does mopping hurt the shins?

Chelle said...

Isn't it strange how if something hurts, we continue to press and prod it like we're just still checking it hurts??!