Saturday, April 15, 2006

Good Friday... Good run

9k's @ about 5:00 mins/km

Started the day by assisting in the setup of the Intraining Easter Egg race at Orleigh Park, West End. Did double duty during the race, wearing my R4YL reporters hat and taking photos of Pat Carrollers for Pat's website. A huge run of 36:59 from Glenda was one of the day's highlights and reminded me that I can't wait to get out there and smash my soft 38:22 PB from a solid training base. Great runs also from Gary, Pete, Steve G, Andy and too many others to list in the 10k. And of course, my fellow shin splint club member Jodie added another victory to her resume in the Women's 3k with Andy also running a nice second in the men's 3k. We all felt for Gerard though who had a bad dehydration attack or similar - it brought back perversely fond memories of my own dramatic finish to the 2004 Gold Coast Marathon. In a perverse way, I think this is something that every runner should experience to feel complete as a runner!!

With Fitness First closed today, I had no option but to reacquaint myself with my favourite run - out and back on the Kedron Brook bitumen trail. With MJ cycling alongside, I mixed three 10 min reps with three five minute reps, all followed by a 2 min walking recovery. Shins went quite well and gees, it was great to be running outdoors again and I didn't mind swallowing a mosquito along the way!!


Km's this week - 15
Km's this month - 64
Km's this year - 286

1 comment:

Chelle said...

"soft 38.22"... sounds pretty convincing to me :)