Monday, April 17, 2006

Sunday - The momentum builds

65 mins, 13k's @ 5:00 mins/km

After putting in five hours in the office to start the day, I hit Fitness First and ran a beautiful 65 mins on the tready alternating every 1o minutes with a two minute walking recovery - a slight precaution give my recent flu and low mileage. I was extremely happy with the run and only felf discomfort for one or two minutes towards the end, before finishing strongly. Robson from Intraining surprised me by jumping on the treadmill next to me towards the end of my run. Afterward, Robson showed my a useful exercise to assist me in running with my arms closer to my body rather than my usual bull at a gate style.

After treating myself to a two hour recovery whilst watching the Cowboys-Knights blockbuster with Adam at home, I ventured downstairs to the "Steel Factory" - "Where fine steel is forged" and got stuck into 80 minutes of core strength. Finished of the day by spending two hours polishing my Mooloolaba 5k Race Report for R4YL. MJ was critical of my 'boring' opening sentence so as midnight neared, I brainstormed with MJ and ended up coming up with a more 'Matty-like' opening! Yeah - it was a good day!

Km's this week - 28
Km's this month - 78
Km's this year - 301

1 comment:

Tesso said...

So Matty, have you swept the floor yet?