Sunday, April 09, 2006

A setback of sorts

Friday - 6k's @ 5:00 mins/km
Saturday - 8k's @ 5:00 mins/km

After a fair recovery run on Friday morning, the wheels started to wobble when I brought my Sunday Long Run forward to Saturday to accomodate a big day with the boys for the first annual Ealesy Punting Day. I had some shin discomfort in the right shin pretty early in the run and when it didn't go away, I quit the run after 40 minutes instead of continuing on for 65 minutes and 13k's. I was very tempted to run through the discomfort but doing so wasn't go to acheive much. I've felt just a tad 'fluey' the last few days without actually getting the flu so that's the main suspect. Fortunately, with Sunday and Monday rest day's I'll have time to do some extra glute firing ex's and to throw the cold gel bag onto the shins, followed immediately by the hot gel bag.

My punting went about as well as my running on Saturday when I could only land 3 winners from 26 races finishing ninth out of eleven punters - hardly the form you'd expect of someone aka Puntermatt. Lots of hard luck stories in there too, with my Slipper fancy getting checked twice in the straight and a roughie in Brisbane flashing home for a neck third at 15/1!!! Still, it was a great day with Andy beating Burnsie by a mere 40 cents in an exciting finish!

Best news all weekend was Clairie's fantastic 3:23 debut Marathon in Canberra this morning! Just fantastic and exciting news and will serve as inspiration for the rest of the Pat Carrollers who are building up to the Gold Coast. Way to go Clairie!!

Km's this week - 31
Km's this month - 49
Km's this year - 272

No comments: