Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Starting to feel like a runner again...

Friday - 6k's @ 5:00 mins/km
Sunday - 13k's @ 5:00 mins/km
Tuesday - 9k's including 15 mins of fartlek


The running has come along exceptionally well the last few days with hardly any discomfort in the shins for my last three runs. More importantly, my health has been exceptional. Sunday's run came after a great morning in town for the Brisbane Marathon. A big event like this always inspires me and makes me want to get back out there, especially when my fellow shin splints suffer Jodie wins her second race in a row! Nine months after my last race and last PB in the Noosa 5k, the fire still burns strong. I can't wait to get back and feel the hurt from a hard race.

Took another step forward when attending speedwork this morning. I will now be doing speedwork with the PCRG every Tuesday as opposed to every fortnight as has been the case so far this year.

I know I shouldn't be looking too far ahad and should be concentrating simply on stringing together consistent mileage of more than 50k's a week but nevertheless I need something bigger to aspire to and am putting together a plan to go sub 3 in the Melbourne Marathon. Will reveal all shortly!!

Km's this week - 9
Km's this month - 9
Km's this year - 353

1 comment:

Tesso said...

Go Matty!!! Sub 3 at Melbourne is definitely do-able. Its such a great course, I especially love the bit through St Kilda.

Hope to see you at the PCRG sometime soon.