Sunday, May 14, 2006

Longest run in 2006

90 mins, 18k @ 5:00 mins/km

You beauty!! Today, I cruised through a troublefree 18k on the tready just after lunch. The longest run to date this year saw the shins behave themselves and my only complaint was that my neck got a little stiff in the last 10 minutes. Possibly it was unaccustomed to the length of time I spent running upright or perhaps I was running just a touch too stiffly as I concentrated hard on good form.

A very pleased Matty then did the usual 20 minutes in a garbage bin of icy cold water and the legs have since pulled up fantastic. Really looking forward to covering the Half Marathon distance at Warwick on Saturday and also picking up the pace at speedwork. Starting Tuesday, I will be doing 4:10 pace at speedwork and then increasing the speed 5 seconds per week. All going well, in eight weeks, I'll be running around 3:30 pace at speedwork and that might just set me up for a possible comeback race at the Noosa Half.


Km's this week - 41
Km's this month - 79
Km's this year -423

3 comments:

Tesso said...

Great news Matty. So does this mean you won't be 'racing' the half at Warwick? Maybe you can be a running roving reporter for R4YL :-)

Clairie said...

Heh Matty need a pacer for the half at Warwick??

ha ha ha ha

okay jokes over. I am sure you will be going past me before 1km is up.
Seriously, I am very happy to hear you did 18km today. But that's just cruel to hear you do it in 5min pace. That is my speed pace!!

Fingers crossed all the lurgies and bugs will be forever banished and you are well and truly back with us for good.

Chelle said...

Excellent news Matty, will be great to have you out in the field again.