Tuesday, May 30, 2006

PCRG 3KTT

3KTT - 12:30, 3k WU, 2k WD

In cold early morning conditions that quickly became superb running conditions once we warmed up, a host of Pat Carrollers smashed their PB's this morning. Gees, there was some quick running out there. I stuck to my plan of building my speed up slowly over the next 8 weeks and just cruised along at 4:10 pace and did it pretty comfortably, despite some remnants of my cough still present. I spend a good deal of time yelling at team mates and stopped 300m from home to help Chelle home to a PB. Gees, watching Chelle hurting and giving it everything she had, whilst trying to hold herself together was like being a kid who is grounded and not allowed to eat ice cream, watching someone else do just that. I miss the HURT!!!!

Still, there was some consolation back at the Group recovery session. I must have yelled a bit this morning cos' I was voted the recipient of the Group Award and selected a double Gold Pass to BCC Cinema's. Thanks to those who voted for me!!!

The boys trip and the day off I had on Monday allowed me to do some deep thinking about my running and the direction I will take - stay tuned for a major announcement tomorrow.



Km's this week - 8
Km's this month - 116
Km's this year - 460

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Thank you so much for actually stopping and running with me those last 300meters. My pb was only by 5 seconds and I'm pretty sure I can attributed at least 4 of those to you shouting at me :)

Tesso said...

Thanks for the encouragement in the TT, it sure helps to get me moving a little faster and every second counts. You are a very deserving winner of the group award Matty.

I remember when I was 31 ... well, I don't really. Can't have been too exciting. Hope your 31st year is more memorable.