Thursday, May 18, 2006

Pill popper

3k WU, 2x 1k @ 4:10 mins/km, 4k WD

Got through my sternest speedwork test on the treadmill since late last year with only a few seconds of faint shin discomfort here and there. The HR peaked at 169 and the breathing felt good.

Feeling a ad fluey so have wolfed down a few vitamin c's and am drinking plenty of water. As per CoolRunner 'Vat-Man's' advice a few days ago, I've added Echinacea to the list of supplements I consume daily - it now reads like this:

After breakfast
- 1 x Blackmores sustained 8hr release multivitamin
- 1 x Blackmores Bio-Ace antioxidant
- 1 x Blackmores Echinacea

After dinner
- 1 x Blackmores Echinacea
- 3 x Blackmores Fish Oil 1000

* Blackmores Vitamin C whenever I feel fluey.

Cathy Freeman reportedly spent $4000 on vitamins in the three months prior to Sydney 2000. At this rate, it won't be long before I catch her.


Km's this week - 60
Km's this month -98
Km's this year - 442

2 comments:

Tesso said...

Gees, if you can run fast enough to catch Cathy Freeman you're doing pretty well.

Clairie said...

My friend......is a druggie!