Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Tuesday speedwork

15 mins Fartlek with 3k WU & WD

As planned, I upped the tempo a little at speedwork running in the vincity of 4:10 pace today. Its tough to pace yourself at this particular session in the Gardens with no k markers to guide you so I just concentrated on staying 20-50 metres adrift of Robbie L with Robbie pulling away from me on the faster efforts and I making up ground on the recovery efforts. I felt strong and controlled out there and Langy noticed afterwards that I looked upright and strong so that was pleasing.

Starting this week, my Thursday session will see me doing some quicker work on the treadmill, starting with two 1k's at 4:10 and then building my Thursday session back up to the normal 4-5k's of quicker work over the next few weeks.

All is going fairly well at the moment.


Km's this week - 51
Km's this month - 89
Km's this year - 433

3 comments:

Chelle said...

hey Matty thats great to hear, looking fwd to seeing you at Warwick and dont forget the offer of a lift if you wanted it

Tesso said...

It still amazes me how patient you have been with this comeback. Its paying off.

See ya at War Wick :-)

Clairie said...

I'm thrilled to hear you are making good progress Matty.