Monday, May 08, 2006

Incident packed weekend

Sat - 6k's @ 5:o0 mins per km
Sun - 15k's @ 5:00 mins per km

Well, it was a incident packed weekend to say the least. Thursday night and Friday, I was struggling with a low grade cold and didn't accomplish anything of note, but came good by Friday night when I went out to Suncorp Stadium to watch the mighty Kangaroos put the Kiwis in their rightful place. I was tempted to do my Friday recovery run just before the game but decided to wait until Saturday morning instead. One of the good things about only running four times a week is that you can more easily make up a missed run than would be the case if you were running five or six times a week and not having to worry about violating the cardinal rule 'Tho shalt not try and make up for a missed run.' The tready run on Saturday was a breeze as was Sunday's 15k tready effort, my longest run this year - you beauty!! There was no shin discomfort whatsoever and I'm optimistic that the tide has turned. I have weekly mileage of 42 and 47k's planned the next fortnight including 18 and 21k long runs so that will tell me a lot about where I'm at.

However, things turned a little pear shaped around 7:30pm last night when I clutched my sides, staggered into the bathroom and severely dented the Doulton as I unceremoniously regurgitated my dinner and post run recovery food. Gees, I was a crook little boy for a while and am taking today off work to recover after sleeping 12 hours last night and having another three hour nap today. Not sure what caused the food poisoning(?) but possibly it was the milk in my post run cereal that had gone off after accidentally being left in one of my fridges that is only running at half power. I'm hopeful that my body will recover from the 15k's ok considering it hardly had any time to digest the recovery food. Its moments like these when your tempted to go to the hospital and say 'I'm a runner, would you mind feeding me intravenously so I can get the recovery nutrients I need.'

Four illnesses in the last four weeks........gees, this has gotta stop soon!!!!

Km's this week - 38
Km's this month - 38
Km's this year - 382

2 comments:

Tesso said...

Mmmmm, sour milk.

Clairie said...

The next Doctor you gotta see is a psychiatrist.....they treat people like you. *grins*

So how come you were not at the time trial this week? I only showed up to brag to you about my marathon AGAIN.