Monday, March 20, 2006

Sunday - Great run!!

9k's @ 5:00 mins/km

Had a fantastic end to a weekend that saw me spend about 22 hours in the office due to leave and illness at work. Started my Sunday watching the Commonwealth marathons on the tv next to my desk and work and geees, wasn’t I urging the amazing Kerryn McCann home in those thrilling finishing stages whilst showing a complete lack of consideration for my work colleagues! They should have been watching the race anyway!!

Planned toget to Fitness First at noon for my run, but it was not until 4:15 pm that I finally made it to the tready adorned in a pair of chocolate brown business socks after I had forgotten my Thorlos…..hhhhmmm – not a good look. But I couldn’t care less as I got through my best run in a month, 45 mins of hardly any shin discomfort whilst the fitness was much improved also! Fantastic stuff! The HR data will be useless though as the HR shot up every time Kerryn’s Marathon win was replayed on the tv’s.

Lets hope I can continue the momentum as I bump my mileage up to 30k’s for this week. That’s 9k at Pat’s on Tuesday, 7 on Thurs, 4 on Friday and 10 next Sunday. Bring it on!

Km's this week - 27
Km's this month - 67
Km's this year - 180

1 comment:

Tesso said...

What a great morning we all had yesterday. Every time I read somebody else's personal account I get goosebumps again.

Good news on the shin front there Matty.