Thursday, March 16, 2006

When in doubt......move forward!!!

7k's at 5:00 mins/km

Another solid run in the bank. Not entirely a discomfort free run as far as the shins are concerned , but by no means worrying. Interestingly, the HR was at least five beats per minute higher this morning, presumably due to the consumption of four beers last night. As I start to get more HR data, some interesting patterns are emerging that should help my training in future when I'm back to full mileage and focusing on a race.

One thing that I've really been thinking about a lot lately is that if and when the condition of my shins deteriorates again, I will not automatically take at least a week off - I've already done that ten times and whilst I won't say it hasn't worked, it certainly hasn't achieved a great deal. In future, I will be more willing to flirt with that 'inflexsion point' that is the line dividing shin splints from a stress fracture. This is not to say that I will do anything reckless. By all means I will miss a session if I have to or reduce it, but I will then go all out in the rehab between that session and the next session in order to keep my training up. To often, when in doubt with my shins, I have taken a step back. Now I'm gonna take a leaf out of Langy's book and "when in doubt....MOVE FORWARD!!!"

Km's this week - 13
Km's this month - 53
Km's this year - 166

No comments: