Sunday, March 05, 2006

Sunday 'long' run

Sunday Long Run - 35 mins, 7k @ 5:00 mins/km

An early wakeup call this morning and for the first time I was required to take an umbrella to a race with me, this time, the International Women's Day 5k in Brisbane with the Gold Coast's Jessica Gilfillan winning from Clare Geraghty. Again, gloomy and drizzling conditions prevailed, making it hard for me to jot notes on my clipboard, record splits on my Timex and hold the bloody umbrella against the stiff wind!! Still, I did my duty and another possible R4YL report waits, if the organisers can provide me with the official finishing details and some photographs.

Following a shift at work, hit FF on the way home for 35 mins on the tready. Interestingly a pattern had developed the last few runs, whereupon, I have little shin discomfort whilst running, fairly significant discomfort for five minutes after I stop running and then little or no discomfort after that. It clearly differs from my usual pattern of shin probs and all the detail has been noted in my log book. Will be interesting to see how I fare with my next few runs. On the postive side, the HR improved significantly today, down to 152-155 for most of the later stages of my reps. Still a long way of where I used to be, but a positive gain.

Life's good.....sensational even!!

Km's this week - 21
Km's this month - 17
Km's this year - 129

1 comment:

Tamyka Bell said...

Thanks for your cheering on Sunday, Matt, you were awesome!