Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Another setback.....

3k's @ 5:00 mins/km

At the rate I’m going, people will begin to think I’m a hypochondriac :( The latest debacle has been a few weeks in the making. For the last fortnight and in particular, the last few days, I’ve been intermittently experincing a fluttering(for want of a better word) feeling in my chest. Imagine that light headed feeling you get when you are feeling faint or when you are very drunk and transfer it to the chest region only and you get an idea of the weird sensations I’ve been feeling. I’ve slapped the HR monitor on a few times when I’ve been experiencing this and the HR has been normal. I can only speculate that the virus that I battled for 17 days before shaking off, is still lingering.

This morning, for the first time since joining the Pat Carroll Running Group, I slept through both my alarm and Langy’s textie informing me he couldn’t make it and wouldn’t need a lift(phew!). I woke up too late to dash to the session and decided instead to deposit another 2hrs into the sleep bank.

Went to Fitness First on my way to work for a tready session and was experiencing the fluttering chest sensations in the leadup. I had a bad feeling about how the session was going to unfold and so it proved. I managed 2k’s warm up before it became apparent that my breathing was laboured. After a five minute walking recovery, I tried another k before getting cold feet and pulling the plug on the session. Prolonged and intensive running really isn’t a good idea the way my chest feels. Right now, I’m sitting at my desk at work, feeling pretty ordinary and worrying about these chest sensations – If I don’t come good in the next few hours, will head home to bed. If I can’t shake it very soon, a visit to the GP or Sports Doc and some tests will be in order.

Km's this week - 3
Km's this month - 69
Km's this year - 69

3 comments:

Tesso said...

Matty, get to the doc now!!!! Or at least make an appointment in case it takes a day or two to get in.

OK!!!

Clairie said...

What a blouse!!!

Go to the Doctor NOW!

It could be heart-break because MJ is away....or it could be more serious stuff and I can't believe the only reason you are concerned is that it is affecting your running comeback.

Pull your finger out and then text me when you have made your appointment.

Expect late night calls if you don't text me soon!!!!

Bloody men, don't know what's good for them......

Cirque said...

What they said.

NOW!