Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Good news.....

I've taken the day of work and spent it relaxing watching some DVD's from Season 2 of the West Wing - great show!

Not once have I experienced any significant fluttering in my chest region, or now that I think of a better description, regular mini surges of adrenalin confined to the chest region.

I've contacted Sports Doctor Peter Friis who is also the Broncos doctor and whom Langy recently visited, but am still waiting for his secretary to get back with an appointment time......... I think his secretary needs to be fired. BREAKING NEWS - I've just heard back from the Secretary. I've got an appt for 12:30pm next Monday. I suspect the horse has bolted as far as my symptoms are concerned but will still go along for the obligatory blood test etc, so we can confirm that this 17 day low grade virus that recently ailed me is gone. It also be good to see if Friis can suggest in retrospect what might have happened. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that all this is a chest infection of some kind from that virus I had. At the very least, I'm in a position to add a reputable Sports Doc to Team Matty! If I have any concerns over the next few days, I'll take them to the hospital or local medical centre where there is an ECG.

A big thanks to all those who expressed concern, notably Clairie, Tesso and Ally(you gals rock!) and offered me the benefit of their wisdom along with some forthright and no nonsense advice. Thanks also to Coach Pat who offered sympathies in his own special way saying "You're probably just in love mate!"

Thanks all, I really appreciate it - hoping to get to the 3K TT next Tuesday and cruise along at the back with a DOMS afflicted Tesso!

1 comment:

Tesso said...

Matty, if I do the 3k TT on Tuesday it will be in the car. I'd let you sit on the bonnet but the Echo doesn't really have one :-)

I'm glad whatever it is you had has gone or is going. I'm also glad that Pat is a coach, and not a doctor.