Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Don't you love it when....

Don't you love it when the mighty Brisbane Bullets beat the much hated Sydney Kings!!!! You bewdy!!! Drove out to the game tonight, pausing to hand some sports drink out the window to MJ who was running down Rode Rd as I drove past. With brother Benno and his girlfriend Elly soon to head back overseas I took the opportunity to invite them. And what a game they saw with the league leading Kings taking on the inconsistent but desperate Bullets outfit. In a high quality shootout, the Bullets got home 121-108 urged on by a passionate and vocal crowd that included an excitable Robbie L throwing fist pumps from his seat not far from me. I was a little more restrained but my mouth got me in trouble in the high stakes 4th quarter when I dropped the magic word when having one of my regular go's at the ref - "What the f... was that!!" Some security meathead saw fit to ask me out the back "for a little chat." Not to worry, the Bullets General Manager who stands right next to my seats when watching games was quick to intervene saying "leave him alone - he's alright". As the saying goes.. "You gotta have friends!" That ended yet another eventful day in the life of Matty!!

And if you're reading this Mum, sorry about the swearing - I'll try harder next time :)

No comments: