Sunday, January 29, 2006

Friday - Golf and recovery run

3 x 10 mins, 2 min walking recovery

Started the day with my first round of golf in nine months, at Redland Bay with a few of the boys from work. Shot 104 and came home 2 over par for the last four holes after I started hitting all my approach shots within five metres of the flag. I was pleased that my fundamentals were sound after such a long break, but my touch with the chipping around the greens was poor and cost me dearly. On several occasions during the round, particularly after a good shot, I briefly thought 'gees, how much better could I be if I practiced seriously?' before I shooshed those thoughts away. I'm a runner now!!!! No other sport is getting in my way again and I have the rest of my life to get a single figure handicap!!

Drove home via Fitness First and put in a conservative but excellent session on the tready. Feeling very positive.

Km's this week - 16
Km's this month - 58
Km's this year - 58

No comments: