Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Sunday - Christmas Run at UQ

50 mins, 10k's at about 5:00 mins/km

MJ and I were up bright and early and headed out to UQ for the annual Xmas run on the Athletics track. Most of the attendees had a modest speedwork session in the warm and humid conditions but Sunday is not my speedwork day, so I just cruised along for my Sunday long run and visualised racing at the track in the UQ Alumni 1500m heats that are held at the Bank of Qld Classic meet each November. Its a race that I have penned down in my 2006 program.

The rest of the day was a good old fashioned family Xmas with plenty of time in the pool indulging in XXXX's and prawns. MJ possibly came up with the present of the day giving me Tim Noakes The Lore of Running - 900+ pages of everything the serious runner needs to know! It'll be fun ploughing through it!!

No comments: