Friday, December 16, 2005

Freak injury!!!

Last night, I hit the sack shortly after midnight, exhausted after a few hours of solid writing and editing to wrap up a very busy day. After putting on my Skins, I fell onto the bed and dropped off to sleep pretty quickly. After a few hours I woke up with discomfort in my left foot where it was hanging slightly over the end of the bed. I hauled myself closer to the head of the bed so I could rest my foot on the mattress and promptly went back to sleep. After getting out of bed this morning I was in immediate discomfort when standing up and pushing off from the foot when trying to walk. I can't even put a name to the part of the foot that is bothering me but the dicomfort is located one to two inches back from the big toe and on the inside of the foot. Its definitely not anything to do with the ligaments that run along the metatarsals to the toes, nor is it plantar fascitis.

A run today is definitely out of question as right now I sitting here typing whilst dipping my foot into the dreaded ice buckets for one minute intervals...Owwww!!!!! I'm not too worried about a long term prob as I imagine this is just a silly thing that will clear up quickly.
Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Tesso said...

Hmmmm, do you remember what you were dreaming about???

Matty said...

The ice has been on most of the day. I'm starting to think its a nerve thing, because the discomfort at time stretches over the top of the foot to the other side. I'm clearly favouring my foot.

I don't recall dreaming about anything, Tess but I'm not ruling out one of my rivals breaking into my room and smacking a hammer into my foot!!

M

Tesso said...

We oughta put Ally onto the case!