Friday, December 02, 2005

Spirit is willing but body is tired

30 mins, 6k's at 5:00 mins/km

Whilst the spirit was tempted to push it and run 45 mins today, the body was tired from Tuesday's and Thursday's sessions plus a ninety minute bike ride with MJ into the Boondall wetlands yesterday to help her prepare for her first individual tri on Sunday at Bribie. Even nine and half hours sleep last night couldn't freshen me up. The last 24 hours is an example of the period of time when I could possibly benefit from Skins. Had I worn Skins to bed and again for the recovery run, perhaps the legs would have been fresher for the run this morning. I'm looking forward to finding out for myself when I get the Skins next week.

Other than the tiredness, the legs got through the session well, with little discomfort and I got through another session without the ankle tape. I've been working hard on my foot strengthening exercises of late and feel ready to try a Sunday long run next week without the ankle tape.

Its all good!!

No comments: