Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Maybe not sensible, but satisfying

3 x 2k's at 8:00 mins each with 90 sec WR's

After feeling under the weather for thirty-six hours, and spending extra time sleeping, I ventured out into the stormy weather late this arvo to hit the tready at Fitness First. After a ten minute warm up, it was straight into the session. With the tready set to 15kms/hr, this was the fastest I have gone on it and even though I was doing what I thought was a relatively easy pace, it felt like I was running at 7:20-7:30 pace for those 2k efforts. Either I've lost more fitness than I thought over the last month or I'm underestimating the softness of the treadmill mat which makes you work harder than running on a bitumen surface. Had a coupla moments when the weak side of the brain wanted to ease off, but with Bribie Tri Race Two run leg of 8k coming up on Sunday, it wasn't hard to shoosh those thoughts away. Again, no discomfort in the shins during the session. I'm undecided on my Bribie race plan, but at this stage, I'm likely to run at 90% effort - a little bit faster than four minute k's giving me a time of 31 something, which should still be good enough for a top three run leg time and hopefully, a Northies victory.

Got stuck into writing my Bank of Qld Classic race report for R4YL before going to the gym. Writing is a lot like running, some people want to put if off, but once you get going, the words really flow!!!

No comments: