Friday, November 11, 2005

Positive progress...

40 mins, 8k's at 5:15 mins/km.

A great day with another easy session on the tready and a good rub from Bruno. Bruno and I spent much of the rub brainstorming about those little things I can do that could potentially contribute to alleviating my problems. Like just about everyone, I've spoken too, Bruno is keen on giving the Skins a go. Also, he supported my idea of trying to get around barefoot where possible saying that some of his clients came in for a rub with their soles still blue from warming up or training barefoot on the Nudgee College Athletics track. Growing up as a kid, I only wore footwear when Mum made me wear them to school, church or shopping!!! And I never had any problems. Over the last few years, with wooden floorboards at my place, I've fallen into the trap of wearing Maseurs and pluggers around the house, especially since getting shin splints. So, I'm going back to my roots and going barefoot as often as possible - hopefully that'll strengthen my feet rather than having them pampered with cushioned footwear.

My spirits and motivation have been high since the Noosa Bolt - I'm really fired up to race it one day and give it a red hot go!!

1 comment:

Tesso said...

Woohoo, go the Noosa Bolt! I almost lost my voice last weekend cheering everyone on. But man, if you are in it, it'll be gone for sure.


PS I'd love to be a fly on the wall in some of your conversations with Bruno :-)