Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Back at speedwork!

15 mins of fartlek – 1min, 1min JR, 30 secs, 30 sec JR, 15 secs, 15 sec JR – repeat 4 times

This morning in beautifully warm conditions, I joined my Pat Carroller team mates for speedwork for the first time in three weeks. I took the session pretty easy by my standards, concentrating on an even tempo and trying not to go too fast! As expected there was some shin discomfort but not as bad as I feared and I got through the session unscathed. The A-Team was a little thin on the ground again with Gary leading the way and being pushed by Slash and Scotty whilst there were some strong sessions from the rest of the Group. Already looking forward to my next session with the Group in a fortnight.

The latest Run For Your Life magazine arrived last night and I was pretty pleased with how my Noosa and River Run race reports came out. I only had one spelling mistake and one punctuation mistake which unfortunately, was not picked up by the sub-editor. With R4YL offering an extra month’s subscription to subscribers who point out spelling/grammar mistakes, the pressure is on the editorial team and contributing writers to eliminate errors!! I’m looking for volunteers with a keen sense of written grammar to proofread my work in future! Mum? Lacho?

After watching an Errol Flynn DVD, Dive Bomber last week and disucssing with a workmate, the facial fuzz that was characteristic of that time I accepted a challenge from him to show up to work today in an Errol Flynn mo and boy, it’s a nasty look!! I don’t think I’ll be posting any photos of this one ;-)

1 comment:

Tesso said...

Good to have you back with us this morning Matty.

Hey, maybe we can come to some sort of a deal with your future articles for R4YL, you know, so I am first to spot some very obscure error :-)