Thursday, November 24, 2005

Picking up the pace

3 x 2k's (9:00 mins per rep) with 90 sec Walking Recovery, 2k warm up and 2k warm down

Picked up the pace on the tready this morning running at 14k's per hour for 2k reps and got through the session with little discomfort. It was great to get the HR up and have a good sweat. Have pulled up satisfactorily so far. I was a little concerned prior to the session as yesterday I had dropped into Fitness First on the way to work for a quick cardio session on the bike and rowing machine. Whilst there, I also experimented with one of those ridiculous skiing machines or whatever they are called and ended up with some muscle discomfort on the outside of my lower limbs between the calves and the tibia. Its highly unlikely, I'll spend much further time on that machine!!

I've just spent 30 mins researching and reading up the use of Skins by athletes(Eloise Wellings in particular had good things to say about how they helped her shin splints) and in conjunction with all the good words I've heard about them, I'm now convinced enough to buy. Am about to head down to Westfield Chermside to try out some full length skins at Rebel Sport prior to ordering them at a discount through a team mate.

1 comment:

Tesso said...

We'll soon look like the Skins Running Group not the Pat Carroll Running Group ;-)