Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Encouraging signs....

40 mins, 8km's @ 5:10 mins/km

Hit the tready at Fitness First at 8:30 on my way to work this AM. Wore a brand new pair of Brook's Glycerin 4's and I enjoyed a relatively discomfort free session of 4 x 10 mins with one minute walking recoveries. Its now lunchtime, and I'm here at my desk at work eating leftovers from last nights dinner of nachos and the shins have pulled up well so far.

I've read a lot of postitive reports from runners wearing Skins over the last six months or so. (Skins are body moulded compression garments manufactured from the finest Lycra and Meryl Microfibre, scientifically engineered to provide support and muscle alignment to the garment covered area of your body. Skins will definitely change the way that you train and play as well as speed your recovery. You will feel fresher after heavy bouts of exercise and delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) will be minimised.) Non-runners may have noticed the likes of Steve Waugh and AFL players wearing these at training and for recoveries. After reading Tesso's blog this AM about how the Skins have proved beneficial for her, I've really decided to step up the research into their properties and benefits. I've still got $80 worth of gift vouchers left over from my birthday five months ago, so hopefully the skins might make a late birthday present(goes to show you how much I hate shopping!)

Off to the Broncos Leagues Club tonight to play Texas Hold Em poker for real money for the first time. I'm backing myself to maintain a good poker face and will be leaving the sunglasses at home!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Good decision Matty. I swear by my Skins. Personally I think the even greater benefit comes from wearing them for a few hours after your training. Happy shopping :-)

J.