Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Tuesday - PCRG - 3KTT

3KTT - 11:45, 3.5k WU, 3.5k WD

Bounced out of bed straight away when the alarm went at 4:40am in the knowledge that a big day lay ahead. Deducting five seconds from last week's speedwork pace of 4:00 mins left me with 3:55's and a target of 11:45 for the 3KTT. It felt good to roll along at that pace for 3k's. I acheived it comfortably and then immediately cruised back the way I had come to drag a few team mates home. Lots of PBs out there with everyone fired up for the Gold Coast in less then two weeks! Special mention to Langy and Jodie who went 9:56 and 10:05 respectively. You better beat my Nov 2004 9:55 PB before I get back to full speed, Langy because I don't intend for it to be there long!! C'mon Jodie - lets chase Krishna's 9:38 Group record now! Too many other outstanding runs to mention!!

A huge day followed. I was busy battling squillions of other desperate cricket fans trying to by tickets for this summer! After buying the maximum allocation of four for the Gabba one-dayer against the Poms, I set up new accounts in my brother's names and quickly rang around for other people's credit card details so I could use them instead of mine. When the dust had settled, I had 12 seats, in three blocks of four in the first three rows not far from each other. You beauty! Amidst this chaos, Queensland Cotton's share price dipped to an acceptable level for buying so I dived into the Stockmarket and took a small stake. Then I dashed out for a dentist appointment and she had the temerity to suggest I needed to see an oral hygienist!! Don't they know I haven't had sugar......uuhhmm for nine days?? Managed to get a bit of work done too!

Had to turn down an invitation to join MJ for dinner at the Sofitel with her company's directors from Melbourne because R4YL deadlines are pending and I had to go home and edit two reports. And besides, I don't think MJ's dining companions would have taken to a starving athlete picking at salad and drinking water by the gallon.

Gees..... the life of a runner....and LOVING IT!!!

Km's this week - 10
Km's this month - 138
Km's this year - 598

2 comments:

Robert Song said...

The hygienist may be more for your gums than your teeth. If you have chronic low grade gingivitis (inflamation of the gums), this may be a possible explanation for your recurring bouts of sickness. I would take the advice and see them.

Check this out http://www.smiles4ever.net/gum-disease.htm

Chelle said...

sneaky ticket buying Matty :)