Friday, June 09, 2006

Illness # 10

9k's @ 5:15 mins/km

Picked up yet another cold which I endured from Wednesday morning. Fortunately, it was only a very low grade cold with weakness, lethargy and aching shins being the main probs and I didn't take the day off work. I delayed doing my Thursday speedwork session as I was still in the grip of the cold. Instead I ventured to Fitness First this morning and gingerly eased my lethargic body through a session at a conservative 5:15 mins/km pace - the slowest speed I can run without injuring myself. Fortunately, as I warmed up, the running got easier. I was on a high after the run as the endorphins took hold and I was thinking, 'hey, no more cold!' Unfortunately, I crashed back to earth around lunchtime and ended up having a two hour nap this afternoon.

The next two days will be interesting as I have to squeeze in 11k's tomorrow and 16k's on Sunday otherwise, I'll have to go back to scratch and start my 12 week booze ban all over again!!!

Km's this week - 18
Km's this month - 51
Km's this year - 511

2 comments:

Tesso said...

Ok Matty, we have to work out what's going on here. When did all these colds start? Did they coincide with you joining FF or doing or going somewhere different? Have you had blood tests? Maybe its something lurking in your system.

Clairie said...

Matty I am with Tesso...there is no one I know that gets so many colds.

I think you need to start wearing warmer clothes and being more attuned to the weather. Don't wear what you feel like...look at others. Maybe you can't feel temperature.

Are you going to bed with wet hair at night? Big no no

Go see a dr and get the blood tests. HAve you had that flu injection? Certainly sounds like you would benefit from it.

Anyhow I hope you get tucked up into bed for the long weekend and are fighting fit for next week.

Big hugs and lots of chicken soup (dishing it out to several this week!!!)xxx