Thursday, June 29, 2006

Recovery week

Tues - 3k's in 11:26, 4k WU, 3k WD
Thurs - 4 x 500's @ 1:55's, 3k WU, 3K WD


After increasing the mileage steadily over the past month, its time for a recovery week! Freshening up a little for my sub 1:45 pacing duties at the Goldie this weekend doesn't hurt either. I currently have six runners in the Group and will probably pick up some more between now and then so it should be a fun day.

Saw Shane Lemcke on Monday for preventative physio, which I will now do every 4-6 weeks. Shane reckons I'm in fair order but the right hip is protruding forward a fraction, so he's given me some exercise to help free things up around the hips. So out comes the golf ball which to place at trigger points and then lie on.

Tuesday saw the Group doing 3-4k's at GC race pace, but there was no need for me to do that and instead I increased my speed by another five seconds down to 3:50's. It was nice to be up front ahead of most of the Group bar Jodie as I rolled along comfortably to record 11:26 for three k's. I felt comfortable enough to think that I could do 10:30 at next months 3K TT without trouble, but that's probably a sign that its been too long since I was running at that speed and have forgotten how hard it is!!

Some DOMS in the quads this morning - but got through a short speedwork session on the tready with no problems. Shins are feeling the best they have in a long time at present!

Life's good!!

Km's this week - 18
Km's this month - 197
Km's this year - 657
Consecutive alchol free days - 32

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Well done Matty, and count those alcohol-free days.. I think I am up to about the same as you too!