Thursday, June 15, 2006

Sensational Session

2 x 5 min surges followed by hills

I skipped my usual Tuesday session with the PCRG in preference for today's session. One of my favourite sessions - surges and hills was a primary reason, but allowing extra recovery on Tuesday after 'cheating' with an extra session on Monday and of course allowing some sleep in time after the Socceroos glorious efforts on Monday night!

I don't know whether it was the distant cries of 'Queenslander' still ringing in my ears after last nights awesome effort by the Maroons, being four days into a detox or the cumulative effect of 18 days off the booze, but i felt SENSATIONAL this morning. After an adequate warm up, I was straining at the leash in the surges aroudn the Botanic Gardens, having to restrict myself to around 4:00 min/kms as part of my plan to gradually build up the speed up again. 3:30 pace only seemed a smooth gear change away. Made things a little harder on myself by doing a lot of yelling when I was out there.

Moving to the QUT Ampitheatre hill, I was cautious of my footing on the grass but the ankles were well strapped this morning and I had no probs. Made a cameo appearance with the A-Team motoring pass Glenda and Langy on the first hill rep before easing off and keeping the pace steady.

As I said, a sensational session! 3:30 pace at speedwork is only six weeks away!



Km's this week - 31
Km's this month - 98
Km's this year - 558

2 comments:

Clairie said...

A great report and a fabulous change for the better.

Sounds like it was a rip roaring session there in the gardens and I am sorry to have missed it.

Might have to give it a shot tomorrow.

Tesso said...

Monday - Socceroos win

Wednesday - Queensland wins

Friday - LETS GO BRONCOS!!!