Friday, June 23, 2006

Thursday - Close call

10k's @ 5:00-5:15 mins/km

Hit the tready at around 9am this morning for a planned 6 x 500m speedwork session. Fifteen minutes into a 20 minute warmup, I weakened dramatically and by 17 minutes, I had to stop because I was feeling faint. In fact I haven't been closer to passing out since I had some kind of reaction about an hour after getting a TB vaccine injection at De La Salle College in 89 or 90.

The cause? I forgot to defrost the chicken before leaving for work on Wednesday and with 4kg of frozen chicken jammed in the freezer, enough was enough! I wasn't buying any more! So I settled for a dinner of mashed potato and pumpkin with brocolli followed by porridge for desert. More porridge followed for breakfast, but clearly I didn't get enough energy. After a 20 min rest, a gluten/dairy free energy bar and lots of water, I ditched the 6 x 500 carefully eased through 33 mins at 5:15 to complete the session.

Am thoroughly sick to death of the detox. Would kill for my home made pizza, a Coke and chocolate RIGHT NOW! Nevertheless, I will persevere till Monday. I may even set the alarm for midnight before going to bed on Sunday and raid the fridge for a midnight junkfood snack!


Km's this week - 20
Km's this month - 148
Km's this year - 608
Consecutive alchol free days - 25

1 comment:

Tesso said...

LOL Matty :-)))