Tuesday, June 06, 2006

A detox looms.........

8 x 1 min, 45 sec SR, 3k WU, 3K WD

Up at 4:40 am this morning and off to speedwork in cool but not ridiculously cold conditions. This week I bump up the speed another notch to 4:05's. Its tough to tell how fast you are going at this session especially in the middle of a big crowd like we had today. However, I spoke to Andy S before the session and he normally does 4:00's at 1k reps so i made it my plan to keep around five seconds behind him. The session went well and I felt good throughout, especially on the brisk warm down run back to the Ship Inn. Nine days without a drink now and surprisingly enough, the only time I had a craving was when a XXXX Gold add came on the telly.

I'm feeling quite healthy at the moment but am not resting on my laurels. After exchanging a few emails with Karen M from the PCRG today, I've decided to undertake at least a two week detox after I've read the book Karen is kindly lending me. As Karen said, I've got nothing to lose but some little indulgences. I've already given up a big indulgence in alcohol, so what's a few little ones?


Km's this week - 9
Km's this month - 42
Km's this year - 502

No comments: