Sunday, June 25, 2006

Detox concludes

Friday - 10k's @ 5:00 mins/km
Sunday - 21k's @ 5:00 mins/km

I've done it!! Not that there was any doubt that I was going to see out the detox to the very bitter end, but gees its great to eat some real food again. Ok, the Maccas Quarter Pounder meal I had for lunch today is not real food, but being only my third visit to Maccas this year, I'm sure you'll forgive me. To celebrate, I took MJ out to dinner at Chillies Mexican restaurant on Sandgate Rd at Clayfield where we enjoyed a nice meal - I had the Chilli Con Carne. MJ, being the Mexican food connissuer, rates Montezeuma's on Gympie Rd at Kedron as a better Mexican joint. Apart from lunch and dinner, I eased carefully out of detox mode, avoiding milk and bread among other things. I will slowly phase them back in over the next few days. I can't say that the detox has drastically improved my health, but I can certainly say that I feel at least 10-20% better than I did a few weeks ago and eagerly await any possible long term benefits. One interesting thing I've noted is that I've hardly had to blow my nose in the last fortnight whereas I normally do so several times a day(I've had a runny nose most of my life). There is a good chance that I have a mild allergy to dairy or wheat and an upcoming appointment with an allergist will tell me more.

After a long day at work today, I ran out of time to make it to Fitness First for my tready run so for my longest run of the year to date, starting at 5pm, I cruised from the Breaky Creek Hotel to the Ship Inn and back for 106 mins of running. Did it easily too. Nevertheless, my legs did remind me that its been a while since I did this kind of mileage - particularly my knees. My nipples, which are normally chafe free up to 25k also protested a little but otherwise I pulled up fantastic.

Gold Coast Half this weekend. I will be taking an unofficial Cool Running Sub 1:45 pace group so if you know anyone who wants to come along for the ride, drop me a line here.



Km's this week - 51
Km's this month - 179
Km's this year - 639
Consecutive alchol free days - 28

2 comments:

Tesso said...

Three trips in a year to Maccas to eat Quarter Pounders is still three trips too many if you ask me. I'd only forgive you if you were sozzled.

Clairie said...

I'm with Tesso. The only think I eat from there is there McCafe coffee!!!!

But the kids love it so we end up there at least once a month for breaky.

All food groups are allowed when you are sozzled......

Great to see the committment it took to see you through to the bitter end.

Yes dairy gives me a runny nose/throat so I avoid it where possible. It is a common occurrence to dairy intolerance but thankfully doesn't mean you are allergic.