Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Monday: Cheating....

11k's @ 5:00 mins/km

Am writing this at half time of the Socceroos WC opener after earlier sleeping like a baby from 7:30-10:30. Unusual for me to be able to go to sleep that early - the detox perhaps?

Those who know me will know that I am a stickler for not breaking many of the conventionally accepted 'rules' of running. Well, it was nice to be rebellious today and cheat the 'do not try to make up for a missed session' rule! On my normal Monday rest day, I hit the tready for an easy 11k, making up for the session I missed last week. Therefore, this week will see me run five times for 61k's but the current fortnight will still see me run eight times and won't exceed the planned mileage so I'm not that much of a bad boy!

Today's run went well and I had no probs backing up from yesterday's 16k. In fact the legs have that pleasant sensation of mild weariness that comes from high mileage - been a while since I felt that so its a case of 'Hello, old friend!'

The detox has gone to plan for the first 48 hours and tomorrow, I add red meat to the list of banned foodstuffs to round out the program after initially easing into it. Twelve days to go!! It could be my imagination, but already, the body feels a little different.

Km's this week - 11
Km's this month - 78
Km's this year - 538

1 comment:

Tesso said...

Is this the same detox that Langy is on?