Thursday, October 19, 2006

Overcoming difficulties

Wed - 14k's @ 5:00 mins/km
Thurs - 2 x 1k @ 3:37, 3:23 - 4k WU, WD


Its been a difficult couple of days after my dear 91 year old Grandmother had a fall on Tuesday arvo. She was not answering her phone when my Uncle tried to call her so he texted me to go and check on things. After a nervous drive, I arrived at her place to find a message from the Qld Ambulance Service on the front door saying she was fine and had been checked into RBWH. I then went there and checked her out with the doctors advice rining in my ears 'Someone needs to be with her for the next 48 hours'. With Mum on an overseas holiday for a month, both of my brothers on an extended working trip in the UK and all other rellies interstate, yours truly was the man on the spot! Fortunately, Nanna's recovery has been rapid.

I managed to order her to stay in her armchair for two hours yesterday whilst I dashed out to Fitness First for an easy 70 mins on the tready. I followed that up with some solid 1k efforts along the Kedron Brook in very warm conditions at 9am this morning after I had waited for Nanna to get out of bed. It felt good to get the work done given it would have been easy to skip a session or two.

3 comments:

Clairie said...

Hope Granny is doing okay and not suffering under your watch :)

I am sure you are taking great care of her as she deserves.

Tesso said...

What a lucky Nanna to have a grandson like you :-)

R2B said...

Thats really good of you to take special care of your Nanna like that!

Hope she recovers completely and the next time i visit your blog your running hard!

Cheers R2B