Monday, October 16, 2006

Knee improvement continues

Fri - 50 mins - 10k's @ 5:07 mins/km
Sun - 120 mins - 25k's @ 4:50 mins/km


I knocked off 10k for my Friday morning recovery run with the knee behaving itself for most of the part. I followed that up later in the day with a rub from Bruno with special attention to the VMO muscle.

The real test of my knee's continued improvement, however, was going to be my two hour Sunday long run. I attended a Buck's party on Saturday night, determined to take it easy on the booze. I managed to restrict the damage to about 10 XXXX Golds over a 7 hour period whilst indulging in the usual antics that we blokes get up to on Buck's nights. Not wanting to sacrifice some much needed sleep and not wanting to get sunburnt, I postponed my long run till 3pm on Sunday.

Starting in beautifully warm conditions I hit the Kedron Brook path and the knee felt good from the word go. I ran a 4k out and 4k back route to ensure that I wouldn't be far from my car if the knee played up but I needn't have bothered. I ended up running 25k's for the two hours, rolling along comfortably at 4:50 pace. The knee was sensitive at times, feeling like it was bruised but there were no major dramas as was the case before Bruno went to work on the VMO.

No comments: